MISSION: The mission of the Orleans Recreation Department is to provide and foster recreational opportunities for a healthy and vibrant community of youth, adults, and seniors by developing diverse, affordable programs and events that promote physical activity, community involvement and environmental awareness, while meeting the physical, psychological and social needs of all residents.
VISION: Healthy & Vibrant community where all residents enjoy an optimal quality of life through participation in a wide range of recreational, sport, and fitness activities.
- To use recreation to achieve the three pillars sent forth by the National Parks and Recreation Association.
- Health and Wellness
- To engage residents and volunteers in the short term planning and long term sustainability of recreational programming and facilities.
- To be on the leading edge of recreational trends and opportunities.
- To disseminate information in a professional manner.
- To provide leadership and training to staff, volunteers, and coaches.
- To facilitate and nurture communication and activities to residents through a variety of current technologies including brochures, email, cable TV, Face book, newspapers, and other media outlets.
- To promote public understanding of recreational goals and to serve as our spokesperson to the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and participation in a variety of activities.
Wed Dec. 7
Wed Dec. 14